After a hospitalization, your rehabilitation and recovery journey may take you to a skilled nursing facility (SNF)—we specialize in these short-term rehabilitation stays. At Prestige Care, our goal is to help you transition from hospital to home and provide you with tools for each phase of your recovery.
Thank you for choosing us as your partner in care. Together we’ll ensure that your admission day and short-term stay go as smoothly as possible.
(To download a pdf version of this resource guide, click here.)
Nurse/Therapy Team →
|You and your discharge planner will discuss transportation options||The hospital doctor will write your care orders||You and your Prestige team discuss the plan for your short-term stay||Paperwork to authorize your care is signed|
As your transfer time arrives, you and your discharge planner will decide whether a family member or a
transportation service will take you to the skilled nursing and rehabilitation center. Your hospital doctor will write orders regarding your plan of care for your short-term stay.
Upon arrival, your Prestige Care nurse will review the physician orders and will meet with you and your family to discuss your care, and to answer any questions. If you have therapy orders, our licensed therapy team will conduct an evaluation and develop a specific rehabilitation plan for you. We will work with you, at your pace, to help you fully recover and to prevent future complications through patient education and enhanced well-being.
Finally, our Admissions Director will review your paperwork, which will need to be signed by you, or your
legal representative, to authorize your care.
We work hard to ensure you are settled as soon as possible—this process should only take approximately 30-45 minutes.
What to Bring:
- Health insurance cards
- Advance directives and any other pertinent records (Durable Power of Attorney, Guardianship papers)
- Emergency contact information
- Three to five sets of loose, comfortable clothes that are easy to get into and remove
- One pair of comfortable walking shoes
- Pajamas and slippers
- Comfortable coat or jacket
- Any splints, braces, orthotics, and customized equipment — like a wheelchair — that you use at home
- Personal items such as glasses, dentures, and hearing aids
- Address book and/or personal phone book
- Activities that you enjoy such as books, games or cards
- Cell phone and cell phone charger
- Items that make you feel more comfortable, such as your own:
Leave your valuables, large amounts of cash and medications at home – as your medications may have changed since your hospital stay.
During Your Stay with Us
Each person’s recovery journey is unique to them and based on individual needs. However, during your stay at a Prestige Care Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, you can generally expect:
- To be involved in your care decisions
- To be encouraged to be as independent as possible
- To work hard so progress can be made
- To be a part of patient and family education/training
- To receive regular progress reports from your physician, nurses, therapist and social worker with regards to your recovery and discharge plan
- To receive communication from the Business Office Manager regarding your financial responsibilities based on insurance during your stay
Your family is encouraged to participate in your care as much as possible. This helps ensure that ongoing recovery and rehabilitation will continues after you leave our center. Our interdisciplinary team of experts will coordinate meetings with you and your family members to discuss your goals and plan for discharge.
Visiting hours are flexible and vary for each of our locations. Contact your center Administrator for specific visiting hours and protocols.
All of the care patients receive is directed by the attending physician. Our nursing professionals are in constant contact with each patient’s physician regarding any medication and treatment changes to your care. Physician visit times will vary, based on their schedule.
During your stay, a meal plan will be designed for you by a registered dietitian under the direction of your physician. However, you are welcome to bring in favorite meals or food.
We will happily take care of your personal laundry for no charge. However, we understand that you and your family may wish to take care of this task on your own. If that is the case, we ask that you let us know at the time of admission and ensure laundry is done at least once a week in order to comply with state hygiene regulations.
Thank you again for trusting us to be your partner in your recovery journey. If you have any additional questions, please reach out to the Administrator at your chosen location.
Learn More With Our Resource Guides
At Prestige, we know that a move to skilled nursing center is a big change. We’ve assembled more resource guides to help you navigate this change.
From detailing what to bring with you, to how to support your loved one, the guides cover a full spectrum of topics related to making a move.
Choose from the following topics to help you on your journey: