After a hospitalization, your recovery journey may take you to a skilled nursing facility (SNF). We specialize in these short-term rehabilitation stays at Prestige Care with the goal of helping you transition from hospital to home with the tools you need for each phase of your recovery.
(To download a pdf version of this resource guide, click here.)
What To Bring:
- Health insurance cards
- Advance directives and any other pertinent records (Durable Power of Attorney, Guardianship papers)
- Emergency contact information
- Three to five sets of loose, comfortable clothes that are easy to get into and remove
- One pair of comfortable walking shoes
- Pajamas and slippers
- Comfortable coat or jacket
- Any splints, braces, orthotics, and customized equipment — like a wheelchair — that you use at home
- Personal items such as glasses, dentures, and hearing aids
- Address book and/or personal phone book
- Activities that you enjoy such as books, games or cards
- Cell phone and cell phone charger
- Items that make you feel more comfortable, such as your own:
Leave your valuables, large amounts of cash & medications at home – as your medications may have changed since your hospital stay.
Learn More With Our Resource Guides
At Prestige, we know that a stay at a skilled nursing center is a big change. We’ve assembled more resource guides to help you navigate this change.
From detailing what to bring with you, to how to support your loved one, the guides cover a full spectrum of topics related to transitioning to a skilled nursing center.
Choose from the following topics to help you on your journey: