Glossary of Services
- 24-hour Room Service :
- For the convenience of our residents each Prestige community is equipped with 24 hour awake care staff.
- To assist residents with various tasks like making reservations, arranging for massage services, recommending activities and booking transportation - many Prestige communities offer Concierge services.
- Coordinate Hospice Care:
- The end of life is a period in which every individual deserves compassion, dignity and respect. Prestige has a unique partnership with professionally licensed Hospice providers, who we coordinate with, to provide each individual with the medical care and emotional support they need to make the most of the time they have left with their loved ones. Our focus is to help relieve pain and other symptoms so residents can live comfortably and alert while maintaining a reasonable course of medical care 24 hours a day. We work cooperatively through a licensed provider to provide the resident and their family with psychological, emotional and spiritual support consistent with each individual’s beliefs and wishes. We honor living wills, advance directives, and we welcome the involvement of outside counselors, therapists, social workers, aides and volunteers. Visitors of all ages are also welcome to visit residents under hospice care at any time during the day or night.
- Diabetic Management :
- In order to ensure residents with diabetics are appropriately managed, Prestige offers diabetic intervention and management, including, healthy diets to promote good, solid care.
- Emergency Pendant System :
- Many rooms come equipped with an Emergency Pendant System. The Emergency Pendant System (EMS) is an amplified telephone that will call contacts, neighbors, friends, relatives or emergency personnel with the touch of a button.
- Expressions Memory Care :
- Special care is needed when an illness or disability brings about memory loss, confusion or disorientation. Activity programs designed for healthy adults are often too stressful for a person with dementia.
Expressions Memory Care is different. It’s based on the philosophy that activity is more effective when it becomes a rhythm of everyday life.
We focus on the activities of daily living, which are challenging enough for
individuals with memory care needs. We incorporate effective communication and
memory keys into a personalized program that accommodates each individual’s
unique interests and abilities.
Most importantly, we take care of the details so you can focus on the more positive aspects of the relationship with your loved one.
Expressions is now available with temporary or full-time residence. An Expressions community includes specially designed housing apartments to help keep your loved one safe and secure, while a highly trained staff bestows the kindness, understanding, patience and reassurance they deserve 24 hours a day.
- Lifetime Enrichment Program :
- More than just a calendar of events, our Lifetimes Enrichment Program headed by the communities’ Life Enrichment Director offers residents stimulating activities designed to exercise the body, spirit and mind.
- Long-term care:
- Long-term care is for individuals who need assistance with the activities of daily living and frequent skilled nursing. Nourishing meals and therapeutic diets may be combined with restorative nursing and exercise programs to enhance physical abilities. Activities and events planned in consideration of each resident’s abilities and interests provide the mental stimulation that helps keep residents engaged in their own care.
Daily nursing services and rehabilitation therapies are provided according to the patient’s treatment program, as prescribed by their personal physician. Nursing services may include:
• Disease specific treatment and management
• IV therapy
• Enteral therapy
• Pain management
• Rehabilitative therapies
(physical, speech & occupational)
• Pulmonary care
• Wound management
- Massage Therapy :
- To make our residents stays even more pleasant Prestige offers massage therapy using Swedish, Deep Tissue and Connective Tissue massage techniques. Massage Therapy is offered at some Prestige Communities and Centers.
- Meal Service :
- Prestige communities and care centers offer a fully prepared dining and meal service program for its residents.
- Occupational Therapy :
- Occupational Therapy is a treatment provided by an occupational therapist that helps individual development of physical skills that will aid in daily living, such as bathing, brushing teeth, cutting food and dressing. Occupational Therapists work with individuals who suffer from a mentally, physically, developmentally, or emotionally disabling condition. The goal is to help clients have independent, productive, and satisfying lives. In order to help residents improve their ability to perform tasks in living and working environments Prestige offers Occupational Therapy.
- Palliative Care :
- A medical specialty focused on relief of the pain, stress and other debilitating symptoms of serious illness. Palliative care is not dependent on prognosis and can be delivered at the same time as treatment that is meant to cure you. The goal is to relieve suffering and provide the best possible quality of life for patients and their families
- Personal Exercise Program :
- (PEP) is a personal exercise program developed by Prestige Senior Living to enhance the independence, strength and energy of assisted living residents. The optional program supports aging in place by helping residents stay healthy, safe and strong. Participants also benefit from improved circulation, greater endurance, better balance and an overall boost in energy.
The program is based on an individualized program of simple exercises developed by the PEP coordinator according to physician recommendations and the resident’s personal goals. Results are monitored continually and the program is modified as needs change.
The PEP coordinator also oversees each session and provides participants with one-on-one encouragement and assistance as needed – similar to a personal trainer.
If appropriate, the coordinator may suggest that the resident ask their primary care physician for a referral to a physical or occupational therapist. The coordinator may also work closely with resident’s physical, occupational or other therapist to help complete a prescribed exercise regime or continue recommended exercise after therapy is discontinued.
- Pet therapy :
- This form of therapy utilizes trained animals and handlers to achieve specific physical, social, cognitive, and emotional goals with patients. Unlike people, with whom our interactions may be quite complex and unpredictable, animals provide a constant source of comfort and focus for attention. Animals bring out our nurturing instinct. They also make us feel safe and unconditionally accepted. Research has shown that pet visits can: Reduce stress-induced symptoms. Requires Less Medical Care and add years to one’s life
- Physical Therapy :
- The treatment of physical dysfunction or injury by the use of therapeutic exercise and the application of modalities, intended to restore or facilitate normal function or development. Physical Therapy help patients suffering from disease or injury improve mobility, relieve pain, increase strength, and decrease or prevent deformity.
- A foot care Nurse is available at many Prestige communities and care centers.
- To help improve the health of our residents by reducing stress, foot massage is offered at some Prestige communities and care centers.
- Rehabilitative Care :
- Even the routine daily living activities can be difficult after a hip fracture, knee replacement, stroke or lengthy illness. At Prestige Care, an experienced team of medical professionals utilize innovative approaches and an array of rehabilitation equipment to help individuals regain as much strength, balance and endurance as possible.
Our goal is optimal recovery, which means that we help our residents achieve the highest level of functionality as possible. To make this happen, our highly skilled nurses, therapists and technicians work cooperatively with the individual’s physician to implement a customized regime of treatment that may include a combination of physical, occupational, speech therapy and other nursing care.
We also believe that rehabilitative care and treatment should be delivered throughout a resident’s stay to help reduce the occurrence of injuries after they return home. We strive to duplicate as many real life experiences as possible, allowing them to practice and prepare for the move back home.
- Restaurant-Style Dining :
- Residents of Prestige Assisted Living communities will enjoy elegant restaurant-style dining in our luxurious dining room. For informal family gatherings, a family dining room, activity room and other common areas are also available.
- Restorative Program :
- In order to help residents achieve their highest practicable level of functioning and well-being in post-acute prognosis, Prestige offers a program under the supervision of a therapist designed to achieve the desired functioning and outcome of the resident. Prestige’s Restorative Program focuses on improving or maintaining physical, mental and psychosocial functional abilities.
- Retreat Stays :
- Most people take a while to recover from a temporary incapacity caused by illness, injury or surgery. You may be feeling better, but you may not be ready to resume your normal daily routine.
Perhaps, you are one of the thousands of people across the United States who
voluntarily cares for a loved one, 24-hours a day and every day of the year. For the well-being of both the caregiver and the individual receiving care, it’s vital that you take an occasional, temporary break.
Then again, maybe you want to check us out for a while and “experience” what it’s like to live in our beautiful community.
No matter the reason, Prestige offers a wonderful option that combines temporary residency with full access to all community services and amenities for just such situations.
The Retreat Stay Program offers:
• Affordable daily rates
• Fully furnished personal apartment
• Personal care assistance
• Resident Services Director
• Meals and snacks
• Activities and events
• Access to transportation services
- RN Coverage 7 Days a Week:
- Each of the Prestige Centers have Registered Nurse (RN) Coverage 7 days a week. The RNs partner with Physicians to provide case management and clinical care to each of our patients and residents.
- Special Diets :
- Residents often require special diets, such as Heart Healthy Diets, No Added Salt Diets, or even Pureed Diets. Prestige is able to ensure that all diets ordered by physicians are served by dietary staff.
- Speech Language Pathology :
- Speech-language pathologists, sometimes called speech therapists, assess, diagnose, treat and help to prevent disorders related to speech, language, cognitive-communication, voice, swallowing, and fluency. Speech-language pathologists work with people who cannot produce speech sounds or cannot produce them clearly, problems understanding and producing language, and those with cognitive communication impairments, such as attention, memory, and problem solving disorders. They also work with people who have swallowing difficulties.
Speech, language, and swallowing difficulties can result from a variety of causes including stroke, brain injury or deterioration, and hearing loss.
They teach patients how to make sounds, improve their voices, or increase their oral or written language skills to communicate more effectively. They also teach individuals how to strengthen muscles or use compensatory strategies to swallow without choking or inhaling food or liquid. Speech-language pathologists help patients develop, or recover, reliable communication and swallowing skills. Also see “Speech Therapy”.
- Speech Therapy :
- Prestige Care Speech Language Pathologists evaluate and diagnose speech, language, cognitive, communication and swallowing disorders to determine the best course of therapy. The Prestige Care therapy program also addresses cognitive impairments that affect verbal and written communication.
- Sub-acute care :
- Individuals with an acute illness, injury or disease sometimes need one or more highly skilled medical services and frequent assessments without all the resources and overhead of a hospital environment. Sub-acute care is the delivery of those services in a setting that allows for a better quality of life.
The individual’s unique course of care may include special services, such as inhalation therapy, tracheotomy care, tube feeding or complex wound management care. These and other services are often combined with physical, occupational or speech therapy as well as dialysis, IV therapy, and pain management for residents who require an extended period of care.
Our intensive care program coordinates the delivery of specialized services and treatment through a team approach that is lead by the resident’s personal physician and supported by other medical professionals all working together on a course of care designed specifically for them.
- Volunteer Program :
- Prestige works with many groups to offer voluntary work for residents wishing to build good will within the larger community.